What's Next for FSA?
June 19, 2020:
Hello Summer League Players, Parents and Coaches,
We are excited that the time has come to get back on the field! After such a long time away, we know you must be as eager as we are to return. We are implementing many safety measures which means the game day experience at FSA may be slightly different than what you are accustomed to. We appreciate your patience and understanding as we adjust to this new structure.
WE CANNOT EMPHASIZE ENOUGH THAT YOUR COMPLETE COOPERATION WILL BE REQUIRED TO GET BACK ON THE FIELD AND REMAIN THERE FOR THE REST OF THE SEASON.
Please take a moment to look over the following guidelines so that you know what you can expect when coming to FSA for a game.
All coaches and players will be REQUIRED to complete a COVID-19 waiver online prior to arriving at FSA. You will not be allowed to participate without a signed waiver. A Parent/Guardian must complete the waiver if participant is a minor.
High School Waiver & Roster Info
Waiver & Roster Information (Boys)
Waiver & Roster Information (Girls)
Waiver & Roster Information (Coaches/Managers)
Men's U23 and Womens Open Roster Info
Prior to Arriving at FSA
- Coaches, Players, Parents must stay home if sick or experiencing any COVID-19 Symptoms
- If a player has COVID-19 symptoms or has been in contact with a person with symptoms, in addition to staying home, please notify your coach and FSA Admin immediately by email:
- Daily Health Check: Parents/Guardians are responsible for monitoring player temperature and symptoms prior to arrival. COVID-19 CDC-defined symptoms include cough, shortness of breath, or any of the following symptoms: Fever, Chills, Repeated shaking with chills, Muscle pain, Headache, Sore throat, New loss of taste or smell.
- Coaches, players, parents and staff are required to wear a mask for the duration of their time at FSA. This includes arrival, during the game, restroom use and departure.
- Masks are not required for players while actively participating in the game.
- All staff, parents and players must bring their own personal mask or face covering that completely covers the nose and mouth.
- The State is requiring a 30-minute buffer between games. Game start times and length of games have been adjusted to accommodate the additional time. High School League games will kick-off at 4:45pm, 6:30pm and 8:15pm (Halves reduced to 35 minutes with 5 minutes for halftime.) U23 Men’s and Women’s Open League games will kick-off at 8:15pm.
- (1) Adult spectator is allowed to accompany a player to the field and watch the game.
- Players may arrive 30 minutes prior to the scheduled kick-off time. If you arrive earlier please remain in your vehicle.
- The coach will be required to ask players, upon entry, if he/she has experienced any COVID-19 symptoms. Players and coaches will be asked to leave the facility if experiencing symptoms.
- Coaches will need to confirm their online rosters are complete and accurate. FSA staff will check coaches and players in prior to the game at the gated entrance to the field.
- Team sidelines will be limited to a maximum of (2) coaches. Coaches will be required to wear a mask on the sidelines, unless doing so would be contrary to his or her health or safety due to medical condition.
- Team game day rosters will be limited to a maximum of (20) players. Players will need to bring their own water as well as personal hand sanitizer and must observe social distancing on the sidelines. Players will be required to wear masks on the sidelines when not actively participating in the game.
- Bleachers will be CLOSED during games. Spectators are allowed to bring their own chair.
- Teams are asked to forego post-game handshakes and team meetings. Please exit the field immediately at the end of the game so that our staff can prepare for the arrival of the next game.
- Outdoor restrooms will be available on an EMERGENCY basis only. Please have players use the restroom at home, prior to arriving at the facility. Restrooms are NOT available for changing clothes.
- Cleaning and Disinfecting Protocols have been updated to include sanitizing of frequently touched surfaces
- Signage will be posted with reminders about new protocol
- Indoor facility is closed
IT IS IMPORTANT THAT EVERYONE ADHERES TO THE ABOVE GUIDELINES. THERE WILL BE A ZERO TOLERANCE POLICY.
Thank you in advance for your cooperation and we look forward to seeing you all on the field again soon!
For COVID-19 questions, individuals can call the State hotline, 2-1-1 for information.
For the most updated information, check https://portal.ct.gov/Coronavirus and
Important Information Regarding COVID-19:
Updates from FSA
With the increasing number of cases and concern about the Coronavirus, COVID-19 being reported across the country, we will continue to monitor the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) and CT.gov websites for news and updates. Please understand that the health and safety of our players and families is our main concern. Below are guidelines from the CDC:
Take Steps to Protect Yourself
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, especially after you have been in a public place, or after blowing your nose, coughing or sneezing.
- If soap and water are not readily available, use hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol. Cover all surfaces of your hands and rub them together until they feel dry.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
**Put distance between yourself and other people if COVID-19 is spreading in your community. This is especially important for people who are at higher risk of getting sick.
Take Steps to Protect Others
- Stay home if you are sick! – Except to get medical care
- Cover coughs and sneezes!
- Cover your mouth and nose with a tissue when you cough or sneeze, or use the inside of your elbow
- Throw used tissues in the trash
- Immediately wash your hands with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. If soap and water are not readily available, use hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces.
For additional information about COVID-19 please visit: